- Everyone is very busy these days and I’d like to give you some tips on how you can prepare healthy snacks on the go to maintain good heath as you navigate throughout the day.
- I suggest setting aside 5 minutes each night to prepare the snacks (and your lunch!) for the next day for easy assembly in the morning.
- Bring along some nutritious foods to have at work
- Keep whole grain cereal, nuts, dried and fresh fruit, nutritious cereal bars, juice, milk, cheese, whole grain crackers and single servings of yogurt on hand (and in the refrigerator at the office) so you can have balanced snacks ready in a flash
Morning snack suggestions
- Whole grain crackers and peanut butter
- Cottage cheese topped with grapes and nuts
- A banana and almonds
Mid afternoon snack suggestions
- Raw veggies and hummus dip
- Yogurt and fresh fruit
- Chocolate milk and two fig cookies
Prep and Storage Tips
- Wash and chop veggies as soon as you arrive home from grocery shopping and store in Tupper ware containers for easy access
- Take your on the go snacks in a re-useable lunch bag
- Put a cooler in your car in the spring, summer and fall months to maintain proper temperatures of refrigerated foods
Enjoy and repeat!