I attended the ADA FNCE conference this past weekend in Boston. The conference had the usual – education sessions, trade exhibits and evening receptions. It was great to connect with colleagues/clients and meet new ones.
I have to admit, I’ve had a crush on Anthony Bourdain for some time…perhaps it is his raw approach to life, his total non excuses for the way he lives his life or most likely his physical appearance and presence…I follow his show ‘No Reservations’, I’ve read 3 of this books and have seen him twice in person.
Anthony Bourdain was the final keynote speaker at the conference on Tuesday afternoon.
- I love to travel and experience the food and culture. In 1999, I went to NYC with a friend and her friend. And when the friend of the friend wanted to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe on the first day…I thought WHAT? we are in Manhattan and you want to eat there??!!?
- AB is an amazing story teller not pretending to be a Nutrition Advocate (Yikes! unlike… our own very tall Canadian Celebrity Chef who is often misinformed about the science), a Locavore, a Organvore or anything else that is trendy.
- His keynote presentation was great in true Bourdain style, telling amazing stories but saying the f word only 4 times, however I missed the Mrs Butterworth comparison…
- It doesn’t matter why
- Enjoy food from different cultures
- People tell you about themselves by the food they eat and the food they serve you
- Experience more, learn more
- And whatever you eat…make sure it is delicious!